Used Shipping Containers for sale in London
In June 2018, we secured a super deal on a batch of ex Textainer fleet shipping containers in our London depot. These cheap used shipping containers are sourced directly from the 2nd biggest leasing company in the world and these containers are all checked and if needed repaired in our yard before sale. All containers come with our market leading 2 year wind & watertight guarantee, or if required for export use can come with up to 12 month csc plate from the date of purchase.
As with all our used shipping containers, these are sold ‘cosmetics not guaranteed’ so whilst the container is solid, sound and in good order – they will come in their original shipping line livery, they will have dents and some surface rust. They will have almost certainly had some repairs done to them during their lifetime. However as with everything we sell all these containers are all professionally checked over in our UK depots before sale, allowing everything we sell to come with our 2 year wind & watertight guarantee.
We expect most of these to come in an original Textainer livery, very similar overall to the reddish brown colour shown in the featured image, As textainer have brought up a lot of other smaller leasing companies over the past few years, and as they have leasing agreements with a lot of the major shipping lines we expect to have a range of colours and options available – but we must highlight that plain dark green containers (the most commonly requested option) are extremely rare to find.
Repainting used shipping containers for improved appearance
If you need something a little smarter we can also repaint any of these used shipping containers if your choice of marine grade paint finish. Whist we overspray the original livery we do not guarantee exact shade matching. We recommend darker shades where possible as these will show any dinks and dents less well than a lighter shade. Our most common colours are help in stock and these are dark green / bottle green RAL 6007, dark blue RAL 5013 and medium blue RAL 5010.
We can offer a basic external repaint in you choice of RAL colour for £200 + VAT or we can offer a premium repaint which included masking off the door seals and locking bars for a better cosmetic finish for £300 + VAT.
Best deals on end of line 20ft shipping containers
This batch of end of line shipping containers in our London depot is offered at a special price of £1350 + VAT each which includes a free lock box when used for storage or a 12 month CSC plate if used for export.
These come checked and repaired in our UK depots and come with our market leading 2 year (24 month) wind & watertight guarantee. If required for export use they will come with a minimum 6 month CSC plate (please ensure any order clearly states that you need your container CSC plated if ordering it for export use)
Accessories for used 20ft shipping containers
We also have a great range of accessories to help customers make the most from their shipping containers. these include:
- Squire UK made 80mm hardened steel padlocks, insurance rated, £45 + VAT with 3 keys.
- Battery powered motion sensor lights with magnetic back for easy installation in a shipping container, £85 + VAT for 2 lighting units.
- Absorpoles (moisture traps) £70 + VAT for 4 Absorpoles (removes condensation and moisture from a container for approx 12 weeks)
- Grafotherm anti-condensation treatment, (permanent anti-condensation treatment) £200 + VAT
- Industrial Racking kits. Top quality shelving units with a massive 600Kgs UDL capacity per shelf. Self build option. Each unit can be customised but as standard comes with shelves 455mm deep and 4 shelves per unit.
- Kit 1 (1 long side of a 20ft shipping container) £528 + VAT
- Kit 2 (both long sides of a 20ft shipping container) £1056 + VAT
- Kit 3 (both long sides and the far end of a 20ft shipping container) £1212 + VAT
If you have any questions about this article, our products or service please call our friendly team for free on 0800 999 8988 any time 08:30-17:00 weekdays or send us a message via the contact form on this website and we will get back to you.